Home Inspector Certification Course Package
Our Home Inspector Certification Package includes the Basic Home Inspection course, Advanced Home Inspection course, and course materials.
Course Materials: Course materials are provided online. Additional support materials are shipped to the customer: CD-ROM version of all courses, report templates, Home Inspection Companion DVD, Identifying Home Problems DVD, deluxe student manuals, free membership into NSHI (National Society of Home Inspectors), and InspectHost subscription.
Package Length: approx. 122 hours total. (The courses are self-paced.)
Basic Home Inspection course
Course Description: This course is aligned with national standards of practice for the home inspection industry and covers the inspection of electrical, mechanical, plumbing, roofing, and structural systems. The course teaches the main components of a residential dwelling including but not limited to the site, grounds, grading, exterior, attic, insulation, ventilation, bathrooms, kitchens, basements or crawlspaces, and garages or carports. Also included in this course are supplemental lessons about business operations, equipment and supplies, and report writing.
Primary Course Objectives:
- State the major components and systems of a home and identify what to inspect, how to inspect it, and what not to inspect
- Explain how to complete a professional inspection using a pre-inspection agreement, checklist, and tools of the trade
- Describe how to complete and present a professional report to your client using the included professional report templates
Course Length: approx. 90 hours.
Advanced Home Inspection course
Course Description: This course provides in-depth information about the components and systems that are covered in a home inspection and include detailed lessons on structure, exterior, roofing, plumbing, electrical, heating and air-conditioning systems, and interiors. This course also covers light construction and residential building codes as they apply to national standards for home inspection and teaches professional practices and report writing techniques.
Primary Course Objectives:
- Identify specific areas for inspection and potential hazards unique to each component / system in a home such as EIFS, Aluminum wiring, and Polybutylene Supply Piping.
- State ethics and standards as they apply to home inspectors
- Explain how to complete an exceptional home inspection report that conforms to national standards
Course Length: approx. 32 hours.
For your convenience, you may order directly from rservinggsa.com by clicking the "Add to Cart" button, or you may order through our listing on GSA Advantage. The course options and prices are the same. Thank you!